What Is Bedwetting?
Bedwetting, or night time enuresis, alludes to the unintended passage of urine amid rest. Enuresis is the therapeutic term for wetting, regardless of whether in the attire amid the day or in bed during the night. Another name is urinary incontinence.
What Are The Symptoms Of Bedwetting?
- If the child is wetting the bed even after the age of 7, then he/she might be prone to this disorder.
- If the child is not able to voluntarily control his/her bowel movements, then he/she is likely to suffer from this condition.
- Symptoms such as painful urine, irregular thirst, pink or red urine, hard stools, or wheezing may result in this condition.
What Are The Causes Of Bedwetting?
While an actual cause of bedwetting is still not known, a few assumed causes are mentioned below:
- Small Bladder
- Hormone Imbalance
- Sleep Apnoea
- Urinary Tract Infection
- The basic problem in the urinary tract or sensory system.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bedwetting?
- For patients, remain quiet, prepared and do whatever it takes not to stress.
- For parents or guardians, make sure that the patient consumes a lot of natural product, vegetables, oat and liquids.
- Make sure that the person goes to the washroom before going to bed.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bedwetting?
- Parents should avoid scolding their child as they do not have a control over themselves in this disorder.
- There is no need to be embarrassed about disclosing this condition.
- Do not neglect the condition thinking that it will pass away. It needs proper treatment, so consult a specialist immediately.
What Are The Best Foods For Bedwetting?
- Have a go at acquainting high fibre nourishments to diet and also a lot of water:
- Whole grains: The fibres regulate the glucose levels and deals with the production of urine and its entry through the bladder and treating bed wetting.
- Celery and lettuce: Helps in bladder relaxation and limits the urine passage for the duration of the night.
- Pears, apples, plums, and peaches: Flush out the unsafe toxins from the body.
- Almonds: This controls the inclination of more urine production by the body and actually cures the bed wetting inconvenience.
- Honey: It's natural sweetness adjusts the insulin spikes in the circulatory system and controls the high urine development.
- Bananas: Bananas help to secure the stomach and tie the stomach in a way that controls the desire of urine till the morning.
What Are The Worst Foods For Bedwetting?
Take a stab at withholding these foods and beverages after 4 pm, as they have been connected with bedwetting.
- Caffeine: Makes bedwetting worse and should be avoided few hours before bedtime.
- Chocolate: Contains a chemical related to caffeine.
- Salt: Salt attracts water and worsens the condition.
- White Bread and pasta: These foods may cause constipation.
- Junk Food and eggs.
- All beverages, which are high in sugar as they can have a diuretic effect.
What Are The Medicines For Bedwetting?
What Are The Tips To Manage Bedwetting?
The initial step you have to take in tending to the issue is conversing with your kid about any apprehensions and tensions confronted.
Give your youngster a chance to feel more responsible for the circumstance, by helping you to change the bed blankets, flushing them and setting them in a clothing pack. Bear in mind to commend your kid for all the assistance.