What Is Abdominal Pain?
- Abdominal Pain is the pain that occurs between the chest and the pelvic region. It can range from being mild to severe and can also result in the formation of cramps. Treatment can vary from simple medications, lifestyle changes to surgery.
What Are The Symptoms Of Abdominal Pain?
- Fever, dehydration, vomit, the problem in bowel movements, tender abdomen, and the pain lasts for more than a few hours. Soemtimes the pain goes away in short time but in some cases it is serious and urgent consultation with a doctor might be required.
What Are The Causes Of Abdominal Pain?
- There can be many causes of a stomach pain. Some of the common causes are:
Food poisoning, Viral infection, Menstruation or Pre-Menstrual Syndrome ( PMS), Urinary Tract Infection, Acidity, Inflammation of appendix, indigestion, Allergy to a food, Stones in the gallbladder, Fibroids, Intolerance to lactose, miscarriage, ulcers, pregnancy, Gall Bladder inflammation, Pancreas Inflammation, Ovary Problems ( Cancer or cyst), Hernia, Kidney Stones, wrong food habits, indigestion and many more.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Abdominal Pain?
To prevent general abdominal pain:
- Take your dinner minimum two hours before sleeping.
- Eat slowly as it helps in better digestion.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Abdominal Pain?
To prevent abdominal pain:
- Don’t eat stale food.
- Avoid uncooked or raw foods.
- Don’t eat uncooked eggs
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products
- Don’t depend too much on munching snacks and skipping main meals.
- Avoid heavy foods like oily or fried food.
What Are The Best Foods For Abdominal Pain?
Foods that are good for abdominal health:
- Fluids (fruit juices, ginger ale or tea). It is utmost important to keep the urine diluted to maintain a good condition of the kidneys.
- Fruits and Vegetables enhance proper functioning of kidneys. Fruits like grapes, cranberries, and vegetables like onions, celery, beet, spinach, and asparagus are good for kidney health. Fruits and Vegetables with lower potassium content must be consumed.
What Are The Worst Foods For Abdominal Pain?
Foods to avoid to stop abdominal pain:
- Fast foods like pizza, burgers as they are slow to digest and have minimal nutritional value.
- Stop taking dairy products for some time, till your abdominal pain subsides.
- Avoid spices, high acid containing foods.
- Chocolate, caffeine, soda are also to be avoided.
What Are The Medicines For Abdominal Pain?
What Are The Tips To Manage Abdominal Pain?
Following precautions can be taken to prevent abdominal pain:
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom.
- Wash your hands after touching your pet or their waste.
- Use soap for about 20 seconds while washing hands, in the case of absence of soap use sanitizer.
- Keep children away from putting contaminated objects into their mouths.