What Is Anti-social personality disorder?
A personality disorder characterized by a long-standing and enduring pattern of disregard for, or violation of, morals, the rights of others, and social norms. It is also referred to as psychopathy or sociopathy and Dissocial personality disorder.
What Are The Symptoms Of Anti-social personality disorder?
ASPD is diagnosed by analyzing the individual’s antisocial behavior pattern since the age of 15 years. The major diagnostic symptoms include-
- Reckless disregard
- Consistent irresponsibility
- Lack of remorse
- Failure to adjust and abide by social norms
- Increased Aggression and irritability
- Criminal behavior
What Are The Causes Of Anti-social personality disorder?
Although an accurate cause of the condition is unknown, following are believed to contribute to the condition-
- Genetic factors
- Environmental factors like child abuse
- Antisocial or alcoholic parent or relative
- Witnessing the act of cruelty towards animals in childhood
- Men are more vulnerable to the condition than women.
- Other psychological factors like stress
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anti-social personality disorder?
As the individuals have minimal insight into their behavior and consequences, his family or friends have to-
- Engage the individual in social meetings and family meetings
- Understand the course of illness and stay informed about the individual’s activities.
- Engage the individual in meditation and rehabilitation groups.
- Seek medical help when behavioral changes are seen.
- Identify any other psychological conditions in the individual.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anti-social personality disorder?
- Exposure to cruelty acts in television or any other media
- Avoid stress in case of education or profession
- Avoid alcoholism or substance or drug abuse
- Avoid refusing medical assistance
- Avoid peer pressure to engage in antisocial activities
What Are The Best Foods For Anti-social personality disorder?
- Foods which are helpful in the management the condition of the individual are suggested like-
- Yogurt and cheese- Source of probiotics, helping in the breakdown of nutrients.
- Chia seeds- Provide a good amount of omega 3’s, help in improving behavioral function.
- Salmon- Excellent source of vitamin D, protein, potassium, and omega3 to help in better functioning of the brain.
- Spinach- Rich source of folic acid, helps for proper brain functioning.
- Broccoli- High levels of folate, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Eggs- Good source of vitamin D and omega 3 for better cognition and behavioral functions of the brain.
- Berries- Contain Vitamin C and powerful antioxidants.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - For essential nutrients.
- Whole Grains- These provide essential energy to the brain via carbohydrates.
What Are The Worst Foods For Anti-social personality disorder?
- Opioids and Cannabinoids
- Oily food
- Coffee and Tea
- Excessive salt content in food
What Are The Medicines For Anti-social personality disorder?
What Are The Tips To Manage Anti-social personality disorder?
The family members have to stop pointing at the flaws and arguing with the ASPD individuals.