What Is Avoidant personality disorder?
Avoidant personality disorder is characterised by the avoidance of social contact, sensitive behaviour in negative criticism, shyness, etc. It can cause major problems to interact with others, maintain social life and relationships.
What Are The Symptoms Of Avoidant personality disorder?
People with avoidant personality behaviour usually try to avoid the work or social activities and have:
- Fear of rejection or criticism
- Inferiority complex
- Low self-esteem
- Fear of introduction with new people
- Fear of embarrassment
- Fear of intimate relationship
What Are The Causes Of Avoidant personality disorder?
The cause is still unknown. According to the researchers, it may be due to environmental and genetic factors.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Avoidant personality disorder?
- Talk to your relatives and friends as much as possible to overcome the unnecessary fear.
- You can write down all the thoughts, which are disturbing you.
- Write down your emotions.
- Practice relaxation skills.
- Find your passion such as exercise, singing, dancing, cooking etc and keep yourself busy on that.
- Read biographies of great people, it will enhance your confidence.
- Try to avoid the people who are full of negative thoughts.
- Book an appointment with a specialist.
- Arrange small get together with family and friends.
- Talk to your child as much as possible.
- Encourage and motivate constantly.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Avoidant personality disorder?
- Don’t try to avoid social events.
- Don’t remain alone every time.
- Don’t feel inferior.
- Don’t try to close your emotions inside, let them out.
- Don’t watch too much emotional or horror programs, it can develop negative thoughts.
- Don’t scold or rebuke him/her in any situation, it can worsen the condition.
- Don’t let him/her alone for a long time.
What Are The Best Foods For Avoidant personality disorder?
Foods, which are helpful in maintaining good mental health, are also suggested in this disease like:
- Asparagus: It works as a mood-enhancing nutrient.
- Avocado: Anxiety is directly linked with Vitamin-B deficiency. Avocado is rich in Vitamin-B that helps to get relief from stress.
- Blueberries: They are rich in Vitamin-C and antioxidants which may work as a stress-buster.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich with Vitamin-B2 and Vitamin-E that help to provide some relief from stress.
- Salmon: Salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, which are helpful in controlling Adrenaline and Cortisol.
- Spinach: Spinach is a wonderful food that is helpful for your well-being.
What Are The Worst Foods For Avoidant personality disorder?
- Sugar: Sugar is responsible for enhancing the depression.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners can elevate the risk of depression and bad for the mental well-being.
- Alcohol: Alcohol works as a depressant that means the central nervous system’s working order can get depressed for alcohol.
- Hydrogenated oil: Hydrogenated oil is linked with depression.
- Fast Food: It can affect one’s mental well-being.
- Trans Fats: Trans fats can increase the risk of depression.
- High-Sodium Foods: They are directly connected to depression.
What Are The Medicines For Avoidant personality disorder?
What Are The Tips To Manage Avoidant personality disorder?
- Sharing thoughts, emotions, talking, gossiping, and social get together can reduce the problem. If the problem persists, consult a specialist.