What Is Back Pain?
Back pain is a kind of inflammation that occurs due to strain in the back muscles. It can increase from a normal pain to sharp pain in the back leading to stiffness. The pain may originate from the muscles, nerves, bones and joints.
What Are The Symptoms Of Back Pain?
- Severe back pain.
- Weight loss
- Swelling on the back.
- Pain reaches to other body parts.
- Difficulty in standing straight.
- Difficulty in urinating.
What Are The Causes Of Back Pain?
Back pain causes due to any of these reasons
- Disk breakdown
- Reported disks
- Strained muscles
- Strained ligaments
- Lifting heavy objects.
- The bad posture of sitting.
- Sleep disorders
- Infection of the spine.
- Any hidden injury
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Back Pain?
- Apply a hot water compress or an ice pack on your back that will provide you with some relief.
- Exercise and keep your muscle strength high.
- Take enough doses of calcium and vitamin D.
- Increase milk products intake and take a balanced diet with proper nutrition.
- Stand straight and change your walking style.
- Sit in the right posture.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Back Pain?
- Avoid sitting for hours at one place only; take a break from your seat often.
- Avoid lifting up heavy things and don't push anything too hard.
- Avoid smoking as mainly smokers face back pain problems often.
- Avoid extra exercises.
- Sleep early and wake up early. Give yourself proper rest.
What Are The Best Foods For Back Pain?
- Many foods are effective when it comes to treating a back pain. These foods reduce inflammation that causes back pain.
- Cherries and berries juices can reduce muscle pain and strain.
- Flax and chia seeds, cold water fish contain Omega 3 that helps to treat the back pain.
- Sweet potatoes, carrots are full of nutrition and can help to heal the severe back pain.
- Grapes and red wine have anti-inflammatory agents.
- Herbs and spices including basil, cinnamon, ginger, Rosemary, garlic, onions, and turmeric.
- Spinach and broccoli can also help you fight the back pain.
- Almonds, orange, and tofu are the high source of calcium and help increase muscle strength.
- Beans, seeds, nuts and whole grain are the sources of magnesium that helps to maintain bone density.
What Are The Worst Foods For Back Pain?
- Reduce salt consumption as it increases urinary calcium excretion before body absorbs it.
- Nightshade vegetables such as tomatoes, eggplant, white potatoes, and peppers.
- Processed foods can lead to bone loss.
- Fast foods such as White bread, pasta, and rice can weaken the bones.
- Trans fats can increase pain.
- Caffeine as it is dehydrating drink and can cause inflammation.
- Sugary drinks and snacks as they pro inflame and increase pain.
- Fried food, Chips, and pastries can block the absorption of essential nutrition.
- Alcohols can worsen inflammation.
What Are The Medicines For Back Pain?
What Are The Tips To Manage Back Pain?
- Massage of Peppermint and wintergreen oil are effective in reducing back pain.
- Try to sleep sideways.