What Is Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
This disease commonly known as BPH is an enlarged prostate. This prostate gland surrounds the urethra or a bigger prostate may squeeze and block the urethra. It is a very common disease and occurs with almost all the men whereas all men over age 50 have BPH, and it’s not a severe problem. This disease is also believed as a cause of cancer, but it is just a myth.
What Are The Symptoms Of Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
- Sometimes, there is hardly any symptom of the disease as it includes mild and hardly noticeable pain but very rarely it can be serious too. The symptoms become worse during the winter season and also due to stress. Generally, the symptoms of BPH involve problems related to bladder storage and emptying. Some of the most common symptoms are: -
- Frequent Urination.
- Weakness in the flow of urine.
- An uncontrollable urge to urinate.
- Pain during urination.
- Bleeding in urination.
- Waking at the night to urinate.
- Bladder spasm.
What Are The Causes Of Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
The actual cause of BPH is still unknown whether many types of research studies have concluded some of the facts. Thus, here are some possible causes of BPH: -
- Normal ageing.
- Genetics is also a possible cause as it has been observed Africans are more likely to have this problem other than Asian men.
- Obesity as men with overweight has higher a risk than others.
- Changes in the balance of sex hormones.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
Here are some tips for better management of this disease:
- Urinate at the first urge. Make sure to urinate before going to the bed.
- Regulate the fluid intake. Drink moderately.
- Relax more.
- Keep warm and exercise regularly.
- Learn special pelvic strengthening exercises.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
Here are some don’ts which experts believe that can help the patient a lot. Thus, pay an attention to it.
- Do not drink too much of fluids.
- Do not take stress or tension about the petty things.
- Do not take painkillers and medicines without a prescription.
- Do not smoke and overeat.
What Are The Best Foods For Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
Diet plays an important role in curing or prevention from diseases. The most common recommendation about the food in Benign prostatic hyperplasia are: -
- Fresh fruits and veggies: Eat more fruits will surely be helpful and green vegetables too. Some fruits are required to avoid but most of the fruits are healthy. They are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants and thus play an important role in the body. The fruits and veggies include strawberries, watermelon, banana, apple, and peanut butter.
- Fatty fish: Omega-3 fatty acids can lower cholesterol and also maintain the right blood pressure in the body. Cut the animal fat and go for the omega-3 products. The food includes sardines, salmon, tuna, and anchovies.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts are very beneficial for the healthy prostates. They are portable and give you instant energy. They contain calcium and Vitamin-E. Nuts which are helpful are pecans, almonds, and walnuts. When it comes to seed, Sesame seed is very helpful.
- Beans: Chia, hemp seeds, and beans are full of protein and other nutrients. Adding up beans in your diet will surely boost prostate health. They contain amino acids as well as important fibre for the body.
- Green tea: Researchers say that green tea is one of the best cures available. They can help protect against prostate cancer and lower cholesterol and improves concentration ability.
What Are The Worst Foods For Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
What Are The Medicines For Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
What Are The Tips To Manage Benign prostatic hyperplasia?
- Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Take plenty of time in urination.
- Do practice meditation and yoga for refreshing.
- Do not sit for long in the same position as it can worsen the situation.