What Is Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
What Are The Symptoms Of Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
What Are The Causes Of Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Best Foods For Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?
- Whole grains, such as brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, millet, or amaranth
- Indian blueberry
- Brown rice
- Broccoli, hailed as super food for diabetes management
- Psyllium husk
- Cannellini beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Green leafy vegetables like collard greens
What Are The Worst Foods For Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
What Are The Medicines For Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?
What Are The Tips To Manage Diabetes Mellitus Type 2?