| Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Thus, avoid them completely. Some of them are: - |
- Sugar: It imbalances the blood sugar in the body causing more seizures. It acts as a trigger of symptoms. Thus, try to limit or avoid completely.
- Refined Carbohydrates: Experts say that fluctuations in glucose level in the body can trigger seizures. To balance, avoid foods which raise your glucose level. These foods include soft drinks, white bread, cakes, bagels, white rice, white pasta and chips.
- Alcohol and Caffeine: The diseases get worse with the intake of alcohol and caffeine as these not only affect the nervous system but also affect the sleep.
- Eliminate artificial Sweeteners: There are a number of artificial sweeteners that cause excessive nerve cell firing and increase the risk of seizure attacks.
- MSG: The food additives such as MSG are considered as excitotoxins that promote nerve cells to burst out. Hence, they are highly suggested to avoid.