What Is Female infertility?
Female infertility means the issue of infertility in the female partner. A woman is said to have infertility issue if she is of reproductive age and is not able to conceive despite one year of unprotected sexual intercourse.
Infertility can due to known or unknown reasons. There are many factors responsible for infertility. Infertility is a treatable condition in the majority of the cases.
What Are The Symptoms Of Female infertility?
The main symptom of infertility is the inability to get pregnant even after 1year of regular unprotected intercourse.
The symptoms depend upon the changes in menstrual cycle or ovulation cycles. Hormonal changes also produce some symptoms which indicate infertility.
Other symptoms are enlisted as below:
- Irregular menstrual cycle.
- Heavy or light periods.
- The absence of periods.
- Excess pain during periods.
- Sudden hair loss
- Weight gain
- Abnormal growth of hair
- Increase in glucose levels.
What Are The Causes Of Female infertility?
Female infertility can be due to a number of reasons. A single factor cannot be blamed for infertility in a female. The causes are enlisted as below:
- Genetic factors: Chromosomal abnormalities can lead to female infertility.
- Ovarian factors: To get pregnant ovaries must produce and release the egg for fertilization. An absence of ovulation leads to female infertility. There can be a number of causes which can lead to ovulation such as:
Polycystic ovarian syndrome, anovulation
Ovarian cancer, chemotherapy
Premature menopause, Turner syndrome
- Uterine factors: Disorder in the uterus can also to female infertility. The causes are enlisted as below:
- Tubal factors: Damage or blockage in fallopian tubes can cause infertility in females. This can be due to:
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Tubal occlusion or dysfunction
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors also contribute to female infertility such as:
Age: Age can affect women’s fertility. With the increase in age the fertility of female decreases. A woman above 35 years of age is less fertile as compared to her age in 20’s.
Sexually transmitted disease: STD’s are also responsible for making women infertile.
Body weight: Being overweight or underweight also affects the fertility of women. Too much body fat increases the production of estrogen which hinders the normal menstrual cycle. Likewise less body fat decreases the production of estrogen leading to irregularities in menstrual cycles. The irregular menstrual cycle does not allow ovulation to occur properly and causes infertility.
Smoking: Tobacco smoking affects the normal functioning of ovaries thus affecting the ovulation and leading to infertility.
Unhealthy Eating habits: Poor eating habits contribute to the weight and affects ovulation process.
Stress, anxiety, unhappiness in the relationship also contributes to the problem of infertility.
- Presence of disease: Diseases such diabetes, thyroid, arthritis, cancer can affect the fertility of female.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Female infertility?
To prevent infertility, women should:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Having a well-balanced diet, proper body weight will help to conceive more easily.
- Avoid stress. Infertility is a stressful condition and taking more stress can hinder the treatment.
- Take necessary supplements on time.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Female infertility?
- Intake of alcohol and caffeine should be avoided as these can hinder the process of ovulation.
- Women trying to conceive should avoid the use of pain-killers as these can affect the release of the egg by changing hormonal balance.
- Smoking should not be done as it can cause changes in DNA fragmentation and changes the hormonal levels also leading to miscarriages and labor pain.
What Are The Best Foods For Female infertility?
- Consume whole milk products 1-2 times a day to improve the ovulation process. Whole milk also contains vitamin D, which helps in improving the fertility.
- Legumes, beans, and lentils contain a high amount of proteins, which enhance fertility.
- Peanuts, sesame seeds, and pistachios contain Coenzyme Q10, which increases the production of eggs.
What Are The Worst Foods For Female infertility?
- Don’t take foods having trans-fats such as cakes, creams, biscuits, sandwiches, fried foods as these triggers an inflammatory response in the body leading endometriosis, affecting ovulation, abnormal hormone production, implantation and ultimately infertility.
- Avoid excess intake of coffee and alcohol as these can lead to miscarriages.
- Raw eggs should be avoided due to the presence of contaminations.
- Avoid low-fat dairy foods such yogurt as this can hinder with the menstrual cycle.
What Are The Medicines For Female infertility?
What Are The Tips To Manage Female infertility?
Infertility is a treatable disorder. In some cases, medications alone can treat infertility. While in some cases it requires special treatment methods to treat infertility such as IUI, IVF.
Along with medications, it is advisable to make some changes in living standards to treat infertility. This will speed up the infertility treatment process. Below are some tips to treat infertility disorder by changing some living standards.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Have a nutritional diet.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol intake.
- Try some natural home remedies to boost your fertility.
- Take supplements which promote fertility.
- Get adequate and sound sleep.
- Balance body hormones by doing exercise and yoga.
- Perform meditation regularly.