Diet plays an important role in curing or prevention from diseases. The most common recommendation about the food in this disease are:
- Food with Vitamin B-12: This type of Vitamin converts full carbohydrates into glucose which is the most essential for building energy. The food includes kale, pumpkin, salmon, tuna, and almonds.
- Magnesium: Most of the victims are deficient in magnesium and this causes pain, fatigue and even memory loss. Thus, it is very important to consume and include foods like black beans, spinach, and sunflower seeds.
- Omega-3 Fatty acids: These foods are always suggested to the patients of fibromyalgia as it fights with pain and reduces inflammation. The food contains soybeans, flaxseeds, salmon, and walnuts.
- Vitamin-D rich foods: The deficiency of this vitamin results in chronic pain thus vitamin-d rich foods promote muscle recovery and healthy bones. Main food sources are mushrooms, sardines, and cereals.
- Iron: Iron is very important in our body. It paces the flow of oxygen into the blood and deficiency of iron results in fatigue, dizziness, headache, and shortness of breath. Women are more likely to face the deficiency. Major iron foods are Spinach, broccoli, olives, and legumes.