What Is Freckles?
- Freckles are small brown colour spots, which can appear anywhere on the body, most commonly on the face and arms. Freckles are an inherited characteristic.
What Are The Symptoms Of Freckles?
- Skin tanning, dark brown patches on the skin.
What Are The Causes Of Freckles?
- When skin is exposed to sun freckles, age spots, and other darkened skin patches can become darker or more prominent. It happens as melanin absorbs the energy of the sun's ultraviolet rays. Skin tanning occurs as the result of this process and areas that are already hyper pigmented get darkened.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Freckles?
- Freckles and age spots can be prevented by using a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF 30 or more.
- Drink lots of water
- Keep your skin oil free
- Maintain healthy diet
- Use vitamin C serum daily
- Apply raw potato slices, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, lemon, aloe vera, vitamin E oil etc. (any of these separately) alternatively on your affected skin.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Freckles?
- Do not step out in sun without applying sun screen. Apply sun screen even if you are inside as UV rays can pass through windows.
- Do not sleep with your make-up on.
- Do not let your haemoglobin go below minimum desired level.
- Avoid using hormone based birth control pills. Instead, shift to non-hormone based pills.
- Avoid using chemical based hair colours, as these may enter your skin too.
- Avoid using perfumes, perfumed cosmetics if your skin is allergic.
What Are The Best Foods For Freckles?
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables:
- Vitamin A (sweet potatoes, red chilli peppers, butternut squash, lettuce, spinach, broccoli, collard greens, and carrots),
- Vitamin C (green leafy vegetables, oranges, cabbage, fortified cereals, lemon, papaya, juices),
- Vitamin E, Vitamin B 12 (Beef, mutton, egg, liver, milk and cheese).
What Are The Worst Foods For Freckles?
Avoid estrogenic foods like:
- Multi grain bread having flax seeds
- Dried fruits
- Soy milk
- Sesame seeds
- Whole grain cereals
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Alcohol, alcoholic products
What Are The Medicines For Freckles?
What Are The Tips To Manage Freckles?