What Is Fungal infection?
A fungus is a group of organisms that make spores. Fungi live mostly everywhere and usually don’t cause infections or skin growths. But, you may occasionally get fungal growths on your skin, like ringworm, jock itch, or vaginal yeast infection, athlete's foot.
What Are The Symptoms Of Fungal infection?
- Darkening of skin, redness
- Rashes or small bump
What Are The Causes Of Fungal infection?
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Keeping skin wet for long
- Swimming in infected water
- Using contaminated items like towel, clothes
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fungal infection?
- Keep your skin dry as wet skin often can cause fungal infection. People who sweat more are more likely to get the fungal infection. So, wipe your body dry frequently if you perspire heavily.
- Wash all towels/ clothes in warm soapy water
- Keep you bath tub dry and disinfected. Clean it especially after every bath.
- Take vitamins and probiotics to improve your immune system.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fungal infection?
Since fungal infections are contagious, you should take special care of the following:
- Avoid scratching the infected area
- Do not share infected person’s clothes, towel or comb.
- Sometimes, water in swimming pools also may also cause fungal infection. Check if you experience continuous itching or rashes after swimming.
- Avoid works which require long term exposure to water like washing clothes, cleaning utensils etc., if you have the fungal infection in your hands.
- Avoid taking too much of anti-biotics, immune suppressants and steroids, as they cause increased risk of getting fungal infections.
- If you have the fungal infection in your feet, do not wear close shoes. Use flip flops instead.
What Are The Best Foods For Fungal infection?
The better immune system leads to better fighting off diseases. Some foods, like following, can help you fight fungal infections naturally:
- Coconut. It is one of the best anti-microbial foods. It’s high in one of the best anti-microbial foods. Lauric acid and caprylic acid present in coconut have been shown to fight the abnormal level of candida yeast in the body. You can also apply the oil on your skin to protect your skin from unhealthy bacteria present in the environment.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves are the best source of vitamin B6, potassium which helps in detoxifying the body and improving the immune system. Eat one clove of raw garlic every day to build good bacteria in the body.
- Oregano: Oregano oil and oregano leaves (one tablespoon) contain anti-oxidants, chlorophyll which helps fight bacteria in the body and strengthen the immune system.
- Pumpkin seeds: Help in fighting parasites.
- Onions: Onions are rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, antioxidants, and potassium. These are recommended for eating whether you have mild or serious fungal infection.
What Are The Worst Foods For Fungal infection?
- Poor eating habits lead to the poor immune system, which in turn leads to the risk of catching the fungal infection. You should avoid:
- Eating stale food, bacteria laden water.
- Too much use of anti-biotics, as weakens the immune system.
- High amounts of processed foods (especially sugar).
- Foods with high glycemic acid (white bread, most white rice, high sugar breakfast cereals).
- Dairy products except for probiotic yoghurt.
- Nuts and seeds like Cashews and pistachios which have the high content of carbohydrates.
- Smoked meat.
What Are The Medicines For Fungal infection?
What Are The Tips To Manage Fungal infection?