What Is Gastric problem?
- Gastric problem occurs in the stomach or oesophagus. The gastric troubles are disturbance of gastric mucosa (mucous membrane layer of the stomach), acids contact stomach nerve endings.
- This problem can be acute or chronic. The acute gastric trouble gets away quickly but the chronic disorder can further lead to ulcers. Antacids, H2 antagonists or proton pump inhibitors can be used to treat the issue.
What Are The Symptoms Of Gastric problem?
- The common symptoms of gastric trouble are excessive gas, digestion problems, heartburn, bloating, or distention (ballooning effect).
What Are The Causes Of Gastric problem?
- The problem might occur due to excessive physical or mental stress, certain foods, inflammation of gastric mucosa or the antibiotics.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Gastric problem?
- Eat your foods silently. Don’t talk too much while eating
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Gastric problem?
- Don’t eat fast. Don’t rush through your food.
- Don’t lie down after having a meal.
What Are The Best Foods For Gastric problem?
Following foods help reduce the gastric problem:
- Garlic reduces the gastric problem. Chewing fresh garlic after every meal is very beneficial.
- Caraway seeds (jeera) are good for stomach gas, cramps and indigestion. It can be added for tea preparation as well.
- Yogurt. It can be eaten alone or the butter made of it.
- Cloves can decrease the gastric pain.
- Fennel seeds (sauna) provide instant relief from the gastric trouble and bloating.
- Lukewarm water.
- Apple cider vinegar decreases the problems in digestion.
- Cardamom: It speeds up digestion and relaxes the gastric trouble.
- Baking soda: Add a teaspoon to a cup of water to get instant relief from acidity or heartburn.
- Yastimadhu is an antacid.
- Senna leaves can be used occasionally.
- Cinnamon: Add powdered cinnamon to milk and honey.
- Ginger: Ginger tea in the beginning of the day.
- Amla: These are rich fibre sources and improve the bowel movements and keep the gastrointestinal system clean.
- Turmeric: It decreases the gastric inflammation.
- Coconut water.
What Are The Worst Foods For Gastric problem?
- Foods that can cause gastric trouble:
- Aerated beverages
- Spicy and fried foods
- Junk foods, smoking, alcohol.
What Are The Medicines For Gastric problem?
What Are The Tips To Manage Gastric problem?
Some useful tips for the gastric trouble:
- Walk for some time after eating food.
- Sit upright while having your meals.