What Is Hepatic Disorders?
- Hepatic Disorders refer to any kind of damage to the liver. Liver, the second largest organ processes everything we eat or drink. Being exposed to viruses or certain chemicals can cause the liver ailments that can be acute or chronic.
- The acute liver failure affects at a very fast pace without many symptoms. The liver can get absolutely damaged within weeks or days. The chronic liver ailments take months or years to show the symptoms. For example: due to long use of alcohol, the scar tissue replaces the healthy liver tissue and cirrhosis happens.
- A biopsy is the common test to find out about the liver ailments.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hepatic Disorders?
- The general symptoms are: nausea, lost appetite, fatigue, diarrhoea, jaundice, loss of weight, easy bruises, oedema or itching.
What Are The Causes Of Hepatic Disorders?
- This is primarily caused by poisoning due to mushrooms, viruses, toxins, autoimmune diseases or the overdose of drugs.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hepatic Disorders?
To stay safe from the Hepatic Disorders follow:
- Get vaccinated for hepatitis.
- Stay away from the toxic chemicals.
- Use aerosol spray cans in the properly ventilated area.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hepatic Disorders?
- Avoid unclean food and water.
- Avoid street food.
- Avoid raw or uncooked meat, eggs.
- Do not eat cold food/ stale food.
What Are The Best Foods For Hepatic Disorders?
- Protein rich foods like meat, pork, turkey, eggs, milk, yoghurt, peanut butter, tofu, cottage cheese, cheese, beans(pinto/kidney/navy beans)
- Low-fat products
- Carbohydrates, foods like bread, pasta, rice, cereals, grains (oats/rice), starchy vegetables (potatoes, corn).
What Are The Worst Foods For Hepatic Disorders?
- Animal based foods as they are difficult to digest. Avoid red meat.
- High sodium as damaged liver is not able to digest sodium
- Sugary foods with artificial sweeteners.
What Are The Medicines For Hepatic Disorders?
What Are The Tips To Manage Hepatic Disorders?