What Is Herpes simplex?
Herpes is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). There are two types of HSV: HSV-1 and HSV-2. HSV-1 is the most common cause of oral herpes, and HSV-2 is the most common cause of genital herpes. However, both viruses can cause oral and genital infections with practically identical symptoms.
The herpes virus normally enters the body through mucous membranes (especially mouth and genitals) and skin. It travels along the nerve endings to the base of spine, where it stays by feeding off nutrients produced by body cells.
What Are The Symptoms Of Herpes simplex?
Common symptoms of herpes are a pain, itching, small pores, blisters, ulcers, sores, fever, and swollen glands.
What Are The Causes Of Herpes simplex?
The common causes of herpes transmission are kissing, skin-to-skin direct contact during anal, vaginal, or oral sex with someone who already has an active herpes infection.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Herpes simplex?
- Complete the course of medication, even if symptoms subside before completion.
- Wash your hands frequently so that infection doesn’t pass on to others.
- Maintain strong immune system by taking care of your diet.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Herpes simplex?
- Herpes infections are contagious. You can infect other people, even during your treatment. Avoid touching people or allowing infected areas come into contact with other people.
- Don’t touch an infected area and then your eyes.
- Do not share the towel, clothes, combs etc. with others.
- If you or your partner has genital herpes, refrain from sex till it is cured. However, latex condoms are safe to use to avoid spreading the infection.
What Are The Best Foods For Herpes simplex?
Many types of research have proven that food rich in lysine help in reducing the replication of herpes virus and shortening the duration of an outbreak.
Some of the lysine rich foods are:
- Fruits: Apples, figs, pears, mangoes, apricots.
- Vegetables: Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, Beans, beets and potatoes.
- Dairy: Yoghurt (which doesn’t contain gluten or corn syrup), milk.
- Meats: Beef, lamb, fish and chicken.
What Are The Worst Foods For Herpes simplex?
- Certain food actually can accelerate the growth of herpes virus. Foods rich in substances like arginine, caffeine drinks, sugar, sweets, processed foods etc. actually give birth to/ accelerate the growth of herpes virus. Some of these foods can impair the immune system of a person and thus make them more vulnerable to the herpes virus. Hence, the following foods should be avoided if you have herpes virus infection or prevent it:
- Arginine rich foods like nuts, gelatine, coconut, brown rice, wheat germ, seeds, lentils, oats, peanut butter, dried beans.
- Caffeine Drinks And Foods like coffee, soda, cake, frozen yoghurt, cappuccino, tea, ice cream, cookies.
- Corn Syrup / Sugar / Sweets
- Processed Foods like whole wheat bread, pizza, bakery products, pasta.
What Are The Medicines For Herpes simplex?
What Are The Tips To Manage Herpes simplex?