What Is Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
Hypotension, which is generally known as low blood pressure (below 90/60), occurs in the arteries of the systemic circulation. It is a force of blood that pushes against the wall of the arteries as the heart pumps out blood. Excessively low blood pressure can cause lots of problems like dizziness, unconsciousness, neurological disorders, and serious heart problems.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
These are the major symptoms that a person may experience due to lower blood pressure-
- Noticeable heartbeats
- Blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Moist skin
What Are The Causes Of Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
Hypotension (low blood pressure) does not have an actual cause. But, there are a number of causes due to which this condition can occur in a person.
- Anaemia, pregnancy, dehydration, blood loss, severe infection or allergy
- Lack of nutritional diet
- Reduction in blood volume (Hypovolemia).
- Changes in hormones.
- Broadening of the blood vessels in the body (Vasodilation).
- Side effects of various medicines such as Alpha- and Beta-blockers.
- Problems related to the endocrine glands.
- Reduction in the red blood cells (Anaemia).
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
To cure the lower blood pressure, it is better to concentrate on the following activities:
- Visit a doctor for a proper check-up.
- Drink more water to avoid dehydration.
- Eat small and frequent meals.
- Wear stockings if the doctor suggests doing so.
- Follow a good work out regime.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
There are many food items that can enhance the lower blood pressure. It is better to avoid the following items that can cause hypotension even more:
- Do not eat too much.
- Do not lift heavy things.
- Do not go for saunas and hot water baths.
- Do not make sudden body movements.
- Avoid standing for long periods.
What Are The Best Foods For Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
Foods which are helpful in the managing the condition of the individual are suggested like:
- Raisins: Raisins are considered as an excellent natural remedy to get rid of hypotension. It helps in maintaining the blood pressure levels and fully supports the function of the adrenal gland.
- Milk and almonds: Paste of 4-5 overnight soaked almonds mixed in a cup of boiled milk makes a very good remedy for hypotension as it affects the adrenal gland.
- Lemon: Lemon contains certain antioxidants that help in regulating the blood circulation, and it also treats the hypotension caused due to dehydration.
- Salt: To treat the hypotension or lower blood pressure, you can increase the intake of salt. It controls the lower blood pressure and helps in balancing the blood pressure. But do not increase the salt intake significantly as it might cause hypertension, further, damaging the organs.
- Coffee, tea can increase your blood pressure temporarily.
- Holy basil (tulsi) and garlic are supposed to manage the blood pressure levels.
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
There are varieties of foods which should be avoided and not to eat in the case of lower blood pressure:
- Carbohydrate rich foods: Foods like rice, pasta, and bread contain a high amount of carbohydrate which enhances the risk of lower blood pressure. It is better to reduce the amount of carbohydrate food items and eliminate the risk of hypotension.
- Avoid alcohol: Due to the effects of the booze, alcohol can intensify the low blood pressure. So, it is better to avoid the alcohol that causes fatigue and parched.
What Are The Medicines For Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
What Are The Tips To Manage Hypotension (Low blood pressure)?
- Avoid heat exhaustions.
- Take adequate rest.