What Is Malaria?
Malaria is a hazardous blood disease which is caused by the bite of the female Anopheles mosquito. When an infected mosquito bites-off a human, it passes on the vermin. Further, these parasites proliferate in the liver of the bitten human thus contaminating and wiping out red blood cells. Malaria is a critical disease.
What Are The Symptoms Of Malaria?
The basic symptoms of malaria include:
- Feeling cold all the time
- Sweats and fatigue
- Loss of appetite
- Several paroxysms
What Are The Causes Of Malaria?
Malaria is caused by the biting of an infected Anopheles mosquito that transmits the Plasmodium parasite into the host’s body. The parasite enters the human body and rests dormant in the liver for about 5-15 days. The parasite will slowly begin to multiply in the liver, decreasing the red blood cells.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Malaria?
- Use mosquito repellent, especially during the evening and morning time.
- Set out all the stored contaminated water in buckets, coolers, tubs, and other water bodies nearby. This will prevent the mosquitoes from breeding.
- Use fresh and boiled water only. This will safeguard you and prevent mosquitoes from attacking you.
- Use a balanced diet as directed by the nutritionist. Increase the intake of Holy Basil decoction while suffering from malaria. Holy Basil helps in relieving from malaria faster.
- Take a bath at least twice a day with a little warm water. This is a cure from bacteria.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Malaria?
- Don’t let the symptoms stay any longer. As soon as you start experiencing any of these symptoms, visit your doctor. Delaying may result in further complications and can pilot to serious health problems.
- Don’t let the water stay anywhere for a long period. Stay away from stagnant water.
- Take a proper care of hygiene. Don’t let water stored in coolers, buckets, tanks, or tubs. Clean them once in a week.
- Avoid blood transfusion in any case. It can be infectious and may lead to the symptoms of malaria.
What Are The Best Foods For Malaria?
- Boiled water-This will kill the germs and it is highly recommended for a malaria patient to drink freshly boiled water.
- Fluids-Drink a lot of fluids, such as fresh fruit juice, water, and coconut water that helps in killing off the parasites.
- Protein-rich diet-Bring high-protein rich foods to your diet, like pulses, Tuna, yoghurt, and fresh vegetables. This helps in fighting off the weaknesses and strengthens the body.
- Omega 3-It helps in the reduction of inflammation in the body.
- High carbohydrate diet-This includes rice. It is easy to digest and releases energy on a speedy mode.
What Are The Worst Foods For Malaria?
- Fats-Avoid fats in your diet. They are heavy and not easy to digest.
- Alcohols-Don't drinks alcohol or any other soda. It doesn’t help in fighting off the disease, rather it weakens the body which doesn’t respond to the medication.
- Stale and spicy foods-Don't eat spicy foods, fried foods, refined foods, caffeine, baked foods, canned fruits and vegetables, and whole-wheat products. It weakens the digestion.
What Are The Medicines For Malaria?
What Are The Tips To Manage Malaria?
It is generally advised to keep a good note of your hygiene and clean surroundings. Make sure there are no such water bodies around you that breed mosquito. Cover your food, wear clean clothes, and exercise well in order to make your immunity stronger.