What Is Prostate cancer?
- Prostate cancer (happens only in males) begins, when cells in the prostate gland start growing uncontrollably.
- The majority of the prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, which develop from the gland cells. Gland cells are the cells, which make the prostate fluid that is added to the semen.
- Other types of prostate cancer are:
- Neuroendocrine tumours (other than small cell carcinomas)
- Small cell carcinomas
- Transitional cell carcinomas
What Are The Symptoms Of Prostate cancer?
- Pain in urination
- Pain in bones
- Frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night
- Weak urinary stream
- Less bladder control
What Are The Causes Of Prostate cancer?
- Though exact causes of prostate cancer are not known, following conditions may increase the risk of getting Prostate cancer:
- Age: People of more than 50 years of age are more at risk.
- Family history
- High calcium diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Prostate cancer?
- Manage your weight as men who are overweight have the higher risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Regular exercise reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
- Quit smoking.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Prostate cancer?
- Don’t spend too much time on your mobile, laptop or other gadgets as exposure to rays coming out from these can increase the risk of prostate cancer.
What Are The Best Foods For Prostate cancer?
Certain food is known reduce the risk of cancer-causing carcinogens:
- Tomatoes (particularly cooked) are high in lycopene and could protect against lung, prostate, and stomach cancers.
- Fruits: Lycopene-containing fruits like papaya, guava, and watermelon.
- Plums, apples, apricots, and citrus fruits like orange are rich in pectin. Pectin may reduce the cancerous cells by up to 40 percent.
- Fish, especially containing omega-3 fatty acids (e.g. salmon)
- Broccoli, cauliflower
- A high-fibre diet rich in vegetables.
- Green tea, soy
What Are The Worst Foods For Prostate cancer?
Many foods may contribute to the development or spread of prostate cancer. Some such foods are:
- Red meat
- Grilled or barbecued meat
- Processed foods
- Packaged foods
What Are The Medicines For Prostate cancer?
Various anti cancer regimens are used to treat cancer by chemotherapy.
What Are The Tips To Manage Prostate cancer?