What Is Protozoan infections?
Protozoan Infections are characterised as parasitic diseases that are caused due to the microorganisms from the Protozoan family. These are classified into three categories, namely: Chromalveolata, Excavata, and Amoebozoa. Some organisms from these categories include Giardia Lamblia, Plasmodium, Entamoeba Histolytica, etc.
What Are The Symptoms Of Protozoan infections?
A number of symptoms that occur due to Protozoan infections have been listed below. Some of these occur only due to a specific Protozoan organism.
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of weight
- Increased heart rate
- Rectum bleeding
- Gastrointestinal signs
What Are The Causes Of Protozoan infections?
A number of causes are behind infections due to Protozoan organisms. Some are mentioned below:
- Transmission of an infectious disease
- Contaminated food, water
- Contagious – spread from people to people
- Transmitted by pathogenic organism
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Protozoan infections?
- Take proper medications.
- Clean the hands properly.
- Consume hygienic food. Drink clean water.
- Cook food within the recommended heat.
- Follow proper nutrition.
- Stay away from mosquito bites.
- Maintain a strong immune system.
- Wash fruits and vegetables properly before eating.
- Consume fresh food items.
- Maintain personal hygienic condition.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Protozoan infections?
- Avoid drinking water from lake, ponds and streams
- Do not consume contaminated water
- Stop water getting stagnant in your environment
- Avoid close contact with infected people
- Smoky, dusty environments should be avoided.
- Don’t buy food from unhygienic shops.
What Are The Best Foods For Protozoan infections?
Protozoan infections are caused by parasites, which is why it is appropriate to consume anti-parasitic foods. A few such foods are listed below:
- Horseradish: This food contains a strong antibacterial component known as allyl isothiocyanate that helps in reducing protozoan infections in the body.
- Cayenne: Cayenne, which is similar to Capsicum, helps to keep away the parasites from the body.
- Thyme: Consume thyme tea for fighting any fungal infections related to Protozoan infections.
- Raw Garlic: Raw garlic has been considered very effective against protozoans like Giardia Lamblia, so one can consume freshly chopped garlic in vegetable juice.
- Other foods that are good for such infections are pumpkin seeds for improving the immune system, coconuts for their lauric acid that converts to monolaurin (able to kill protozoa).
- Protozoan infected patients need to follow a balanced food diet containing whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products, low cholesterol foods, sugar-free foods, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Protozoan infections?
Parasitic or protozoan infections are majorly due to the consumption of foods that are not fresh. Moreover, a number of foods that have an excess of a certain ingredient only triggers the parasites to attack the body further. Some of these foods are:
- Contaminated food: Probably the most obvious of all the foods that may be affected by Protozoan parasites is contaminated food. Parasites are lurking on such food items looking for hosts.
- High sugar and carbohydrate food: Sugary and carb-rich food items are equally dangerous for people as these also have high chances of parasites in them. Moreover, such foods weaken the immune system, leading to frequent attacks from parasites.
- Uncovered food: Many stalls all over the world serve open food items that are risky to consume. Patients are warned not to consume such open food items.
What Are The Medicines For Protozoan infections?
What Are The Tips To Manage Protozoan infections?
Maintaining perfect diet will strengthen the immune system and such infections can be avoided. Ensuring a clean environment and taking preventive measures also make the infection stay away from infecting us.