What Is Sexually transmitted disease?
Sexually Transmitted Diseases, or STDs, are the infections that are transmitted from a person to another person by means of sexual contact. The most common sexually transmitted diseases include Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Scabies, Chlamydia, HIV, HPV among others.
What Are The Symptoms Of Sexually transmitted disease?
Although these diseases have varying symptoms, and they differ in men and women, yet the most common symptoms of the STDs are:
- Clumsy or cloudy genital discharges.
- Pain during sex.
- Bleeding between menstrual periods in infected women.
- Blisters and rashes around the genital region.
- Painful urination.
- Lower abdominal pain
What Are The Causes Of Sexually transmitted disease?
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases are mainly caused by unprotected sexual contact with the infected person.
- It can also occur by the contact of the infected person’s blood during sexual activity.
- Having sex with multiple partners.
- Forced sex like rape
- Taking medications for erectile dysfunction increases the risk of catching STDs.
- Having a history of STDs.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Sexually transmitted disease?
The major tips for the management of sexually transmitted diseases are:
- Use of safe sexual methods. Always wear a condom every time indulging in a sexual activity.
- Know your partner’s sexual history.
- Get checked for STDs frequently.
- For women, an annual pelvic exam is prudent.
- If already suffering from an STD, do not lie to the partner.
- Follow proper treatment plan and stick to the medication.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Sexually transmitted disease?
- Avoid contact with multiple sexual partners.
- Avoid touching sores or growths on an infected individual.
- Avoid untested blood transfusion.
- Do not let bodily liquids come in contact with the mouth, anus or vagina.
- Do not use alcohol or drugs.
- Avoid sharing of needles, blades with others.
What Are The Best Foods For Sexually transmitted disease?
Best foods for the management of STDs are:
Garlic: It is a great source of anti-oxidants and has abundant antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that are helpful in reducing the risks of STDs.
Anti-Microbial/Bacterial Foods: Such foods are necessary for treatment of STDs to curb the growth of fungal infections. These foods include pure honey, horseradish, coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric.
Pure Honey: It has an excellent antimicrobial property.
Cranberry Juice: It is useful in relieving urinary tract infections in case of STDs.
Green leafy vegetables: Such vegetables increase the intake of healthier nutrients such as vitamins and minerals to impose harm on the STDs. These include kale, parsley, lettuce, etc.
Nuts: They are good sources of vitamin E, which plays a major role in combating infections related to STDs. Do make sure, your lysine intake during the consumption of nuts is more. These include cashews, almonds, walnuts, etc.
Dairy products: These products include ingredients like lysine that are good for curing infection sores due to STDs. The preferable dairy product is yoghurt (without corn syrup or gelatin) for consumption.
What Are The Worst Foods For Sexually transmitted disease?
Foods that are to be avoided in the condition of sexually transmitted diseases:
- Sugary Foods-Sugar promotes the growth of the microbes in the body. So, avoid consuming sugary foods such as candies, sweets, cookies, doughnuts, pastries, cakes, etc.
- Protein Supplements: Protein supplements contain arginine that promotes fungal infection growth due to STDs. So, it is important that you stop the consumption of such supplements. It is better to eat natural protein.
- Drinks and foods with acidic properties: Such food items lead to abnormal behaviour and also reduces the metabolism due to their acidic nature. Such foods and drink include junk food, alcohol, caffeine, food additives, processed foods, white flour foods, etc.
What Are The Medicines For Sexually transmitted disease?
What Are The Tips To Manage Sexually transmitted disease?
Follow protected, safe and natural sexual methods and limit the number of partners.