What Is Skin rash?
Skin rash means changes in the color, texture or appearance of the skin. Rashes on the skin change the color, cause swelling, cracking, blistering, dryness, bumping or warming of the skin. The skin rashes can be in a localized area or all over the skin.
What Are The Symptoms Of Skin rash?
Symptoms may vary according to the skin condition or diseases. Some of the common symptoms of skin rashes are:
- Redness, itching
- Scaling, dryness
- Bumps and Blisters on the skin.
- Light colored patches, white patches
- Sores which spreads intensely
- Nodules, papules
- The flushed appearance of the skin
- Swelling, small or large spots on the skin.
- Unusual scars
What Are The Causes Of Skin rash?
Some of the common causes are listed below:
- Fungal infection
- Bacterial infection
- Food allergy’
- Exposure to allergens such as dust, pollen, pests, and chemicals
- Eczema or acne
- Poor hygiene
- Reaction to injections or vaccinations
- Exposure to heat or sun
- Skin diseases such as measles, chickenpox, dermatitis, psoriasis, Erythema, ringworm disease, syphilis, scabies, melanoma etc.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin rash?
- Protect the affected area from direct exposure to the sun.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Use gentle and non-perfumed cleansers.
- Protect skin while going out.
- Stay in a clean and hygienic place.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin rash?
- Never scratch or pick the rashes.
- Don’t cover the affected area all the time. Keep them open and allow the skin to breathe.
- Never use harsh cosmetics or soaps on rashes as they may worsen the skin condition.
- Avoid wearing rough clothing.
What Are The Best Foods For Skin rash?
- Vitamin C rich food: Vitamin c helps to heal the skin sooner. Broccoli, spinach, potatoes, oranges, strawberries, grapefruit are the rich source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a good antioxidant and helps to reduce inflammation of the skin. It reduces the oxidative stress of the skin.
- Beans: Beans are rich sources of glucose and proteins. These are necessary nutrients to make skin healthy. These help in growth and development of skin. Kidney beans, chickpeas, pinto beans, black-eyed peas are some examples of beans which should be added to your diet.
- Bright colored fruits and vegetables: Intake of bright colored fruits and vegetables helps to heal and promote the growth of skin. Mangoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, are rich sources of beta-carotene which is very important for skin. This helps to increase the immunity of the body and heals the rashes also.
- Water: Drinking 2-3 liters of water daily helps to stay hydrated and keeps the skin healthy and young looking. It helps to prevent the rashes which occur by the loss of moisture from the skin.
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin rash?
- Refined carbohydrates: Refines carbs increase the production of oil in the skin and block the pores. Refines carbs increase the glucose level of the body leading to the increased production of sebum oil. These interfere with the healing process.
- Dairy products: These should be avoided as these are pro-inflammatory products and can worsen the rashes. These contain lactose which may cause sensitivity leading to rashes.
- Processed and refined food: These foods are rich in omega-6 fatty acids which increase the inflammation of the skin. These should be avoided.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol and its products should be avoided as these increase the sugar levels of the body and cause dehydration. This dehydration removes the moisture from the skin. Alcohol causes the depletion of collagen leading to premature aging. It increases the risk of rashes.
What Are The Medicines For Skin rash?
What Are The Tips To Manage Skin rash?
Skin rashes can be managed by changing eating habits and living standards also. Here are some tips to manage your skin rashes:
- Drink plenty of water. Water is the natural remedy for many types of skin rashes. Water rehydrates the skin and heals the rashes.
- Always use gentle soaps and cleansers to clean the skin. This will prevent the rashes from worsening.
Use natural remedies to heal rashes such as:
- Aloe Vera: It helps in soothing the skin and has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and emollient properties.
- Cold compress: This technique helps to reduce rashes which occur due to heat, shingles or insect bites. It helps in reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Baking soda: Application of baking soda helps to reduce the inflammation and itching of the skin.
- Olive oil: It contains Vitamin E and is rich in antioxidants which help in reducing the itching and soothes the skin. It can be used along with honey to heal the rashes.
- Neem: This is one of the oldest methods to treat skin rashes. Neem, due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties, is used to treat various types of skin rashes. Various Neem formulations are available in the market which treat almost every type of skin problem.