What Is Stomach ulcers?
- Stomach ulcers are the painful sores or ulcers found in the stomach or the first part of small intestine (duodenum). These happen when the thick layer of mucus lining in the stomach gets away and the digestive acids in the stomach start degrading the lining of the stomach.
- It is suggested to start the treatment right-away for the ulcers.
What Are The Symptoms Of Stomach ulcers?
- Pain in stomach, weight loss, lost appetite due to pain, bloats, vomits, nausea, burping, burning sensation in the chest and pain reduces on consuming antacids.
What Are The Causes Of Stomach ulcers?
- These can happen due to: bacterial infection, chronic use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, smoking or tobacco, radiations from a treatment, acidity or Zollinger-Ellison syndrome ( the disease in which stomach produces the excess of acid).
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Stomach ulcers?
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat small frequent meals.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Stomach ulcers?
What Are The Best Foods For Stomach ulcers?
Foods that must be consumed if suffering from ulcers in the stomach:
- Flavonoids are very effective to treat ulcers as they keep the stomach lining intact and are found in soy, legumes, red grapes, kale, broccoli, apple, berries and tea (more in green tea).
- Deglycyrrhizinated liquorice: The old plain herb, liquorice helps in the healing of ulcers.
- Probiotics are very good for the digestive health. Common foods are yogurt, buttermilk, miso(fermented soybeans with salt and koji).
- Honey, Garlic, cranberry decreases the growth of Helicobacter pylori ( the bacterium that commonly causes ulcers).
What Are The Worst Foods For Stomach ulcers?
Foods to avoid if suffering from the ulcers:
- Coffee (not even the decaf)
- Chilis and hot peppers
- Salty red food
- Carbonated beverages and processed foods.
What Are The Medicines For Stomach ulcers?
What Are The Tips To Manage Stomach ulcers?