What Is Uterine fibroids?
- Uterine fibroids are the abnormal lumps that grow inside or on the woman’s uterus.
- The tumour develops from a muscle cell in the uterus and estrogen stimulates its multiplication. Generally, the fibroids are benign (non-cancerous). Doctors carefully examine the pelvic region to check the condition of the uterus to detect this ailment. It is commonly observed that fibroids grow again even after the treatment, so the permanent cure is only the removal of the uterus itself.
What Are The Symptoms Of Uterine fibroids?
- The symptoms are severe abdominal pains, heavy menstrual bleeding, cramps, abnormal urination and painful sex.
What Are The Causes Of Uterine fibroids?
- The real cause is not clear; however hormones (estrogen and progesterone), genetic abnormality or pregnancy can lead to fibroids.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Uterine fibroids?
- Doing the right type of yoga helps in reducing the size of fibroids in a natural way.
- Try to get organic foods as they help in reducing the toxin exposure of body.
- Avoid food preservatives.
- Massage with castor oil as it helps in reducing the size of fibroids. However, avoid using it during periods.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Uterine fibroids?
- Don’t over exercise during periods.
What Are The Best Foods For Uterine fibroids?
Foods that help prevent or reduce fibroids:
- Fruits and Vegetables: These naturally contain the abundance of anti-inflammatory and immunity strengthening constituents. These also keep a check on weight. These all factors contribute to keeping a check on fibroids.
- Legumes: Legumes like beans and lentils are rich in fibre, low sugar content and healthy alternatives of fatty meats. If replaced with high carbohydrate foods like sweets, these low carbohydrate, nutritious foods can reduce the ailment.
- Unprocessed, whole grains: Processed foods like white bread shoot insulin and elevating estrogen production. Whole grains like oats, brown rice, rice, barley etc. Improve uterine health.
- Low-fat Dairy products(milk, yoghurt, cottage cheese): High-fat products elevate inflammation. The calcium in dairy products limits the growth of cells that lead to tumours.
- Soy, Flaxseeds: These inhibit the estrogen receptors on fibroids and reducing their growth. Flaxseeds are rich in fibre and omega-3 fats which are anti-inflammatory and reduce estrogen levels.
What Are The Worst Foods For Uterine fibroids?
Following foods make fibroids worse and must be avoided:
- Processed meat, high in fat:
- Conventional dairy: These have high amounts of steroids and various other chemicals that affect the natural hormonal balance and stimulate the growth of fibroids
- Refined Sugar: It leads to increased pain, lesser immunity, weight gain, hormonal imbalance and all of them eventually inducing fibroids
- Refined Carbohydrates: Insulin level surges on consuming these and further causing a surge in fibroids causing hormones
- Caffeine: Higher amounts of coffee lead to increased estrogen level in women which is a major cause of fibroids.
What Are The Medicines For Uterine fibroids?
What Are The Tips To Manage Uterine fibroids?