What Are The Uses Of Abciximab?
Abciximab, a platelet aggregation inhibitor, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To inhibit blood clot during procedures like angioplasty (coronary artery procedure)
- Unstable angina.
What Are The Side Effects Of Abciximab?
The most common side effects of Abciximab are:
- Gastro intestinal haemorrhage.
- Increased risk of bleeding.
- Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Thrombocytopenia (Low levels of platelets)
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Abciximab?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Abciximab or any other allergies.
- Recent major surgery (or) trauma.