What Are The Uses Of Acamprosate?
Acamprosate, a neurotransmitter balancer, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Alcohol dependence by restoring the balance of chemicals in the brain. This drug is used along with counselling.
What Are The Side Effects Of Acamprosate?
The most common side effects of Acamprosate are:
- Nausea / Vomiting / dizziness.
- Loss of appetite / stomach Pain / gas / Constipation.
- Drowsiness / fatigue.
- Muscle/Pain>Joint Pain.
- Weight gain (or) loss.
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Mental / mood changes such as suicidal tendencies (or) Depression.
- Kidney problems (urination).
- Vision changes.
- Fast (or) pounding heartbeat.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Acamprosate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Acamprosate or any other allergies.
- Kidney impairment.