What Are The Uses Of Abciximab?
Abciximab, a platelet aggregation inhibitor, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- To inhibit blood clot during procedures like angioplasty (coronary artery procedure)
- Unstable angina
- Percutaneous coronary intervention
- Coronary Stent replacement
Abciximab is basically a type of blood thinner.
What Are The Side Effects Of Abciximab?
The most common side effects of Abciximab are:
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage.
- Increased risk of bleeding.
- Peripheral edema
- Chest pain
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Thrombocytopenia (low levels of platelets)
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Abciximab?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Abciximab or any other allergies.
- Recent major surgery (or) trauma.