What Are The Uses Of Acamprosate?
Acamprosate, a neurotransmitter balancer, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
It works by restoring the balance of chemicals in the brain. This drug is used along with counseling. The patient should have stopped drinking alcohol before starting acamprosate.
What Are The Side Effects Of Acamprosate?
The most common side effects of Acamprosate are:
- Nausea / vomiting / dizziness.
- Loss of appetite / stomach pain / gas / constipation.
- Drowsiness / fatigue.
- Muscle/joint pain.
- Weight gain (or) loss.
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Mental/mood changes such as suicidal tendencies (or) depression.
- Kidney problems (urination).
- Vision changes.
- Fast (or) pounding heartbeat.
Please consult your physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Acamprosate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Acamprosate or any other allergies.
- Kidney impairment/ any kind of kidney disorder.