What Are The Uses Of Acetazolamide?
Acetazolamide is a water pill (diuretic) used to treat:
- The symptoms of altitude sickness.
- Certain types of eye problems like open-angle glaucoma, acute angle closure glaucoma
- Epilepsy, periodical paralysis
- Heart failure
- The increased pressure around the brain
What Are The Side Effects Of Acetazolamide?
Some of the common side effects of are:
- Fatigue, drowsiness
- Decreased libido, depression
- Metallic or bitter taste in mouth, nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal cramps, black faeces, diarrhoea,
- Kidney stones, electrolyte changes
What Are The Contraindications Of Acetazolamide?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Low blood sodium
- Low blood potassium
- Impaired kidney function, liver function
- Adrenal insufficiency