What Are The Uses Of Alendronate Sodium?
It is used in the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis (weakness of bone).
It is found to be beneficial in both men and women in slowing down the bone loss by increasing the bone mass.
It is prescribed for treating osteoporosis caused by menopause or by intake of steroids.
What Are The Side Effects Of Alendronate Sodium?
Less severe side effects may be:
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Taste alteration
- Oesophageal Ulcer
- Dysphagia (Difficulty in swallowing)
- Hypocalcaemia (low level of calcium)
- Hypophosphatemia (low level of phosphate)
- Pain in joints
What Are The Contraindications Of Alendronate Sodium?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Kidney disorders
- GIT problems
- Malfunctioning of esophagus