What Are The Uses Of Alginic acid?
Alginic acid is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Stomach ulcers. (In a combination of Aluminium hydroxide)
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
What Are The Side Effects Of Alginic acid?
The most common side effects of alginic acid are:
- Gas, constipation
- Stomach cramps
Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Bloody (or) black stools
- Swelling in ankles (or) feet
- Allergic reactions like skin rashes
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Alginic acid?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug alginic acid or any other allergies.
- Kidney diseases