What Are The Uses Of Amantadine?
Amantadine is used for treating:
- Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease (shaking, tremor)
- Influenza A
It is not a vaccination, hence doesn’t prevent the flu. It only treats the symptoms.
What Are The Side Effects Of Amantadine?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Blurred vision, nervousness, constipation
- Stomach upset, dry mouth, trouble sleeping
- Nausea, dizziness
What Are The Contraindications Of Amantadine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Epilepsy, any type of seizures
- Heart failure, any heart disease
- Kidney or liver disease
- Low or high blood pressure
- Recurring skin rash
- Untreated closed-angle glaucoma
- Mental illness