What Are The Uses Of Amiloride?
Amiloride is used for the treatment of:
- High blood pressure (hypertension),
- Heart failure
- Extra fluid in the body (oedema)
It is also used for treating or preventing low blood potassium levels, caused by the other diuretics.
What Are The Side Effects Of Amiloride?
- Dizziness, nausea
- Vomiting, loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain, gas, or diarrhoea
- Amiloride may also cause loss of body water (dehydration) and salt/minerals when given with other diuretics.
What Are The Contraindications Of Amiloride?
Before taking Amiloride, please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Untreated salt/mineral imbalance like low sodium level, high potassium
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Too much loss of body water (dehydration)