What Are The Uses Of Aminophylline?
Aminophylline is used for treating/ preventing wheezing and breathing troubles caused due to an ongoing lung disease like asthma, chronic bronchitis.
It relaxes muscles, opens air passages and thus improving breathing.
Since this medication takes the time to work, it should not be used for sudden attacks of troubled breathing.
What Are The Side Effects Of Aminophylline?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Stomach pain/cramps, loss of appetite
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
- Trouble in sleeping, irritability
- Increased urination
- Nervousness, tremors
What Are The Contraindications Of Aminophylline?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any breathing disorder
- Any heart problem like irregular heartbeat, congestive heart failure, hypertension
- Stomach/ intestinal ulcer
- Kidney or liver disease