What Are The Uses Of Amla?
Amalaki (Amla), also called Indian gooseberry, is full of vitamin C. It is considered a wonder fruit having unlimited benefits, some of which are listed below:
- Prevents heart attack and hypertension
- Cures a migraine or frequent headaches
- Maintains eye health
- Stimulates hair growth, maintains shine in hair
- Makes nervous system strong
- Strengthens immune system
- Extremely useful in curing constipation
- Helps in building body strength, cures vertigo
- Improves memory and concentration
- Tightens the vagina
- Gives relief in stomach ulcers, cough, and Likoria
- Makes teeth stronger
- Keeps skin young, acts as antioxidant
There are many other benefits of Amla. It can be taken in any form: Murabba, powder, fresh juice, or fried form. Different forms of preparations of amla are recommended for different ailments/ desired health benefits.
What Are The Side Effects Of Amla?
Not everybody can take desired quantity of amla every day as the body takes a time to adjust to the intake of Amla. One should start will small quantities and increase the dose gradually. People usually feel the following side effects for a few days till their body adjusts to this product:
- Stomach ache, feeling of heaviness in chest
- Stomach upset (if taken with milk or within half an hour of taking milk)
What Are The Contraindications Of Amla?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Frequent diarrhoea
- Frequent stomach ache
- Sensitive teeth