What Are The Uses Of Amlexanox?
Amlexanox is used in the topical treatment of canker sores (aphthous) that appear in the mouth and it is also used to treat other inflammatory conditions such as allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis and bronchial asthma in some countries. The oral paste helps the sores to heal faster and reduces pain, which enables you to speak or eat more comfortably.
What Are The Side Effects Of Amlexanox?
When you use the medication it may cause stinging, burning or pain temporarily at the site of application. However, if these symptoms persist or become worse, inform your doctor.
Some allergic reactions that may occur due to use of Amlexanox are:
- Breathing difficulty
- Hives, skin rash
- Swelling of lips, face, throat or tongue
- Sores or white patches inside the mouth or on the lips, an occurrence of new ulcers
What Are The Contraindications Of Amlexanox?
Before using Amlexanox, ensure to inform your doctor if you:
- Have a weak immune system
- Are taking any cancer or other medications
- Are allergic to certain medications
- Pregnant or breastfeeding