What Are The Uses Of Amlodipine?
Amlodipine is used for treating:
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Other conditions caused due to coronary artery diseases.
Amlodipine works by dilating or widening of blood vessels, thus improving blood flow.
What Are The Side Effects Of Amlodipine?
Many people using Amlodipine don’t experience any side-effects. However, pl. consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side-effects:
- Light headedness (Get up slowly while rising from a lying or sitting position, to lower the risk of dizziness and light headedness.)
- Swelling ankles/feet
What Are The Contraindications Of Amlodipine?
Patients having any of the following conditions should not take Amlodipine.
- Severe Narrowing of the Aortic Heart Valve
- Severely Low Blood Pressure
- Severe Liver Disease