What Are The Uses Of Ammonium Chloride?
Ammonium Chloride, an inorganic compound, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Cough (used as expectorant)
- Severe metabolic alkalosis
- Diagnosis of renal tubular acidosis
- Maintenance of acidic pH of urine in case of some urinary tract disorders.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ammonium Chloride?
Some of the common side effects of Ammonium Chloride are:
- Drowsiness/ nausea/ vomiting
- Injection site reactions
- Abdominal pain
- Metabolic acidosis
Sometimes severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- EEG abnormalities
- Calcium deficient tetany
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ammonium Chloride?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Ammonium Chloride any other allergies.
- Hepatic impairment
- Renal impairment
- Cardiac edema
- Pulmonary insufficiency
- Pregnancy/ Breast feeding