What Are The Uses Of Andrographis paniculata?
Andrographis paniculata (also known as Kalmegh) is an annual herb and is called as the bitter shrub which is used as medicine in Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine. It:
- Treats upper respiratory infections, common cold, flu, cholera, diarrhea, dysentery, sore throat, pneumonia, jaundice, viral hepatitis, drug-induced liver damage, swollen lymph nodes, chicken pox, ear infection, tuberculosis, bronchitis, headaches, mumps, burns, malaria inflammation.
- Boosts immunity, prevents cancer
- Relieves muscular pain, rheumatic and arthritic pain, multiple sclerosis symptoms, fibromyalgia
- Acts as an antioxidant, regulates blood sugar levels
What Are The Side Effects Of Andrographis paniculata?
Andrographis paniculata is usually safe, but in some cases, it may cause itchy skin. Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Andrographis paniculata?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards Andrographis paniculata or any other allergies.
- Gallbladder problems