What Are The Uses Of Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is also known as winter cherry or Indian ginseng. It has multiple benefits and is increasingly becoming popular, even in western countries.
Ashwagandha is used for various conditions/ health benefits. Some of them are:
- Cancer treatment, to reduce the effects of chemotherapy
- To fight inflammation in conditions like arthritis, rheumatologic problems
- To control/ fight bacterial infections
- Heart health (ashwagandha has antioxidant, anti stress properties)
- To treat depression, reduce stress
- To fight diabetes
- To improve thyroid function
- Improve immune system
- Increase haemoglobin in the body
- To improve sexual health and fertility
- To improve eye health/ prevent cataract
- To prevent seizures
What Are The Side Effects Of Ashwagandha?
An overdose of Ashwagandha can cause diarrhea, upset stomach and nausea.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ashwagandha?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy (consumption of Ashwagandha can lead to abortion, miscarriage)
- If you are already using other medications for diabetes, depression, hypertension, anxiety, or insomnia. Ashwagandha can interfere with the efficacy of these medicines.