What Are The Uses Of Atenolol?
Atenolol, a cardio selective beta blocker, is used for:
- Antihypertensive activity
- Treating chest pain (angina), and other conditions caused by coronary artery disease.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
What Are The Side Effects Of Atenolol?
Some patients may feel one or more of any of the following symptoms:
- Muscle cramps
- Cold extremities
What Are The Contraindications Of Atenolol?
Combination of Amlodipine, Atenolol should be used cautiously in the following cases:
- Elderly patients, as they may see excessive fall in blood pressure.
- Patients with congestive failure, COPD.
- Patients with thyrotoxicosis, renal impairment, vasopastic angina and hepatic.
- Diabetic patients. Tachycardia occurring with hypoglycaemia may be masked by beta blockers.
- Untreated pheochromocytoma (a rare tumour of adrenal gland tissue).