What Are The Uses Of Atracurium?
Atracurium, a non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agent, is used during surgery for:
- Endotracheal intubation
- Pulmonary compliance
- Facilitate mechanical ventilation
- Skeletal muscle relaxation
Atracurium is given after the anaesthesia has been induced.
What Are The Side Effects Of Atracurium?
The most common side effects of Atracurium are:
- Skin flushing (or) redness
- Injection site reactions
- Wheezing/allergic reactions
- Inadequate musculoskeletal block
- Fast (or) slow heart beat
- Low blood pressure
Sometimes severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- Cardiovascular problems
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Atracurium?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Atracurium or any other allergies.
- Cardio muscular disorders
- Asthma / bronchial disorders