What Are The Uses Of Avena sativa?
Avena sativa is also known as oat straw or oat extract. It is used as a supplement and sometimes as herbal medicine. It:
- Is rich in calcium, phosphorus and vitamin B
- Enhances sexual ability, hormone levels that stimulate cell growth
- Reduces inflammation
- Prevents heart diseases, diabetes
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels
- Reduce mild depression
- Treats amenorrhea
What Are The Side Effects Of Avena sativa?
Avena sativa is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Avena sativa?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Digestive tract disorders
- Chewing or swallowing problems