What Are The Uses Of Azithromycin (Topical)?
Azithromycin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial activities. Topically it is used to treat:
- Eye infections, ear infection
- Blepharitis (inflammation of eye)
- Lyme disease (infection caused by ticks)
What Are The Side Effects Of Azithromycin (Topical)?
Some of the side effects are:
- Change in vision
- Eye pain
- Allergic reactions such as itching, redness, swelling, and hives
Please consult your doctor if any of the above side effects occur.
What Are The Contraindications Of Azithromycin (Topical)?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Past history of allergy