What Are The Uses Of Aztreonam?
Aztreonam (Azactam) is used in the treatment of wide variety of bacterial infections like lower respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, stomach or skin infections.
What Are The Side Effects Of Aztreonam?
The common side effects of aztreonam (Azactam) are:
- Nausea, dizziness
- Diarrhoea, vomiting
- Redness / discomfort/ pain/ swelling at injection site
- Blurred vision
Sometimes severe (but less common) side effects are:
- Irregular / fast heart beat
- Ringing ears
- Chest pain, dark urine, seizures
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Aztreonam?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug aztreonam (Azactam) or any other allergies.
- Liver problems
- Kidney disease
- Taking live bacterial vaccines.