What Are The Uses Of Bakul?
Bakul is a medicinal plant. Every part of the plant is used in curing some illness or the other be it fruit, bark, leaves, or flowers. Main benefits of each part of the plant are:
- Bark: Used as an astringent, tonic, and to reduce fever.
- The fruit pulp: Used in treating chronic dysentery.
- Leaves: Used as an antidote to snake-bite.
- Seeds: Used for treating constipation.
- Dried flowers powder: Used as a brain tonic.
- The aerial parts: Used as the diuretic drug to increase urine output.
Other benefits of various parts of Bakul tree are:
- It treats chronic diarrhoea, weakness resulting from diarrhoea
- It is helpful for cleaning teeth and strengthening gums
- It helps in treating tingling sensation in teeth, toothache, bad breath, pyorrhea, tooth decay, gum bleeding, Inflammation in the mouth.
- Fruits are also used sometimes for abortion.
- It treats female infertility.
- It treats a headache, sinusitis.
What Are The Side Effects Of Bakul?
Bakul is usually safe and no side effects have been noted. However, prolonged use may cause intoxication effects in some people and an overdose can lead to miscarriage if you are pregnant.
What Are The Contraindications Of Bakul?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: