What Are The Uses Of Balsalazide?
Balsalazide, an anti inflammatory drug, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Ulcerative colitis with mild (or) moderate conditions
- Symptoms of diarrhoea / rectal bleeding and stomach pain
What Are The Side Effects Of Balsalazide?
The most common side effects of Balsalazide are:
- A headache, nausea/ vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Sore throat
- Trouble sleeping
Sometimes severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- Change in amount of urine / dark urine
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Fast pounding heart beat
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Balsalazide?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Balsalazide or any other allergies.
- Pyloric stenosis
- Hepatic diseases
- Renal diseases
- Pregnancy, breast feeding