What Are The Uses Of Benzoin?
Benzoin is majorly used in oil form which is extracted from benzoin tree. It has many traditional and medicinal uses as it:
- Improves circulation, digestion
- Relieves anxiety, stress, nervousness, tension, arthritis
- Prevents infections, sepsis
- Acts as antiseptic, disinfectant, antidepressant, anti-flatulent (removes abdominal gas), astringent, anti-inflammatory agent
- Removes bad odor
- Tightens gums if used as mouthwash
- Reduces wrinkles
- Treats a cough, measles, rashes, eruptions
- Facilitates urination thus lowering blood pressure, losing weight.
- Heals cracking of skin
- Regulates blood sugar levels, metabolic functions.
What Are The Side Effects Of Benzoin?
Some common side effects that may be caused by benzoin are:
- A headache, nausea
- Vomiting, lack of oxygen in blood
What Are The Contraindications Of Benzoin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards benzoin or any other allergies.