What Are The Uses Of Beta-sitosterol?
Beta-sitosterol is a type of phytosterol (plant sterol) whose structure is similar to cholesterol also called as plant sterol ester. It:
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels
- Treats benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate), tuberculosis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) (autoimmune disease), allergies, prostate infections, psoriasis, fibromyalgia (widespread muscle pain and tenderness), asthma, migraines, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Effective in case of baldness
- Heals second degree burns
- Increases sexual performance.
- Prevents colon cancer, cervical cancer
- Relieves menopause symptoms
What Are The Side Effects Of Beta-sitosterol?
Beta-sitosterol is possibly safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Beta-sitosterol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards beta-sitosterol or any other allergies.
- Sitosterolemia (rare inherited fat storage disease)