What Are The Uses Of Bethanechol?
Bethanechol, a parasympathomimetic, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Urinary retention.
- Urinary problems a raised due to diabetic neuropathy of bladder or side effects of antidepressants
- Lack of muscular tone in gastro intestine
What Are The Side Effects Of Bethanechol?
Some of the common side effects of Bethanechol are:
- Dizziness / nausea / vomiting
- Abdominal cramps/pain
- Watery eyes
- Flushing (or) warmth in face
Some rare, but severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- Fast heart beat
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness of chest
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Bethanechol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Bethanecholor any other allergies.
- Peptic ulcer
- Bronchial asthma
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Vasomotor instability
- Pregnancy, breast feeding