রসূবাস্টাটিন (Rosuvastatin in Bangla) এর ব্যবহার কি?
Treatment of high cholesterol (Dyslipidemia)
Rosuvastatin is used in combination with diet, exercise, and weight-loss to treat high cholesterol & related conditions, and also to prevent cardiovascular disease.
রসূবাস্টাটিন (Rosuvastatin in Bangla) এর পার্শ্ব প্রতিক্রিয়া কী?
Usually rosuvastatin doesn’t have any common side effects. However, some patients may experience:
- Dizziness, sleeplessness
- Joint pain
- Memory loss or forgetfulness
- Report to your doctor any of the above symptoms do not subside or get worse.
Some of the rare but serious side-effects may be:
Muscle pain, tenderness, fever, chest pain, weakness, lack of energy, jaundice, dark coloured or foamy urine, nausea, extreme tiredness, pain in the upper right part of the abdomen, weakness, loss of appetite, swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, numbness or tingling in fingers or toes.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above conditions after taking rosuvastatin.
রসূবাস্টাটিন (Rosuvastatin in Bangla) এর মধ্যে পার্থক্য কি?
- Rosuvastatin must not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause serious side effects to the unborn baby.
- Hypersensitivity to rosuvastatin
- Active liver disease
- Elevation of serum transaminases
The following have negative interaction with rosuvastatin, hence should discussed with the doctor:
- Blood thinners
- Drugs like cimetidine, ketoconazole, or spironolactone that may decrease the levels or activity of endogenous steroid hormones
- Aluminum and magnesium hydroxide antacids should be in a gap of minimum two hours of taking rosuvastatin.